Note: We do not have any cases of COVID-19 at our facilities.
Our residents are a valued part of the Comfort Care family, and their safety and health are our highest priority. This has never been truer than in this current environment with the spread of COVID-19 or coronavirus.
Comfort Care has an existing plan to monitor and manage all viruses. During the pandemic, we have intensified this plan to limit the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses in our communities. Additionally, as the Colorado Health Department updates their recommendations, we will adjust our plans to continue providing for the care and safety of all Comfort Care residents and staff.
Here are the things we have done so far to reduce risk:
- Trained our team in techniques to limit the spread of germs.
- Reinforced sick leave policies; staff are asked to stay home if they are sick or symptomatic.
- Provided immediate attention for any resident with flu-like symptoms, including medical care and directives to stay in their rooms to limit the spread of sickness. Those exhibiting more serious symptoms are taken to the hospital for evaluation and treatment.
- Ordered additional protective equipment and materials, such as gloves, masks, and sanitizer.
- No guest visits to the facility to reduce risk of exposure to the residents.
- Social distancing between residents in the facilities, including scheduled multiple mealtimes to minimize crowds in the dining room.
- Encouraging 6-foot distance with residents wearing a mask.
- Covid testing at least monthly and more frequently as the state requires.
We are committed to providing the best care possible, and we will continue to communicate with you on the latest information regarding the virus. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us. Our staff can assist you with any questions you may have.
IMPORTANT: VISITOR POLICY
In our effort to protect our community, we are not allowing any visitors during this time. We know it is difficult to be away from your loved ones, so we have established a communication program, where families or residents can make appointments to talk to each other through video chat.